Advertisement
Advertisement
News

Police Neutralise Suspected Killer Of Imo Monarch, Five Others

The Nigeria Police Force has recorded a major breakthrough in the investigation into the murder of the Ochia I of Ochia Kingdom, HRH Eze Paulinus Ekwueme, and five others in Ohaji/Egbema Local Government Area of Imo State.

The Force said a suspected kingpin of the criminal syndicate allegedly linked to the April 10, 2026 attack was killed during a gunfight with operatives of the Special Tactics Squad of the Force Intelligence Department (STS-FID).

The suspect, identified as Ojiogu Elumah Martin, popularly known as “Acid,” was reportedly located at his hideout in Ohaji/Egbema in the early hours of August 6, following actionable intelligence.

Advertisement
Advertisement

According to a statement issued on Saturday by the Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Ani Iniedu, the suspect engaged the operatives in a gunfight and sustained injuries that subsequently led to his death.

The police said one AK-47 rifle, three magazines, and 56 rounds of 7.62mm live ammunition were recovered from the scene.

The Force said the operations were conducted between August 2 and 6 as part of intensified efforts to unravel the circumstances surrounding the murder of the monarch and five others.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The victims were killed on April 10, 2026, along the Asa/Awara Road in Ohaji/Egbema while returning to Owerri.

The police said Martin was identified as an alleged leader of the criminal syndicate believed to have been responsible for the attack.

Four suspects had earlier been arrested in connection with the incident, while two other members of the alleged gang reportedly died during previous encounters with the police.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Following the latest development, the Force said its operatives had intensified efforts to apprehend other fleeing members of the syndicate and establish the full extent of their involvement in the attack.

The police also said efforts were ongoing to recover additional weapons, operational intelligence, and other exhibits that could assist the investigation.

The Force assured the public that all persons found to be connected with the killings would be brought to justice.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The investigation will continue until the circumstances surrounding the gruesome killings are fully established.

Credit: The Nation

Advertisement
Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *